15.2.08

My View of Motherhood. Or so I thought.

Two lines appeared on a day that changed my life.

The body that framed my soul like a fresh painting was loosed from my hands.
Consequence snatched me by my ankle and flipped me upside down, shaking what was left out of my pockets.

It was easy coming out of my mouth, when it wasn't about me, when the fingers were flipped in the other direction, along with staring eyes. I never thought I would be next on the hot seat. "Things" happened to everyone else. My life was my life, and nothing could change it.

Those two bold stripes couldn't wait to prove me wrong.

The day came to cause shipwreck. I wasn't in a financial, mental, or physical state to do what my body was planning on doing. I could deny it all I wanted. There was a baby factory settling its grand opening inside my stomach and it refused to budge.

My mind was pleading, "Close up shop, take a 5 year break and then you guys are more than welcome to come back...PLEASE." The little baby makers shrugged their shoulders and said, "Sorry, we just do what boss says."

And that's how it all started, my friends.

No comments: