11.6.08

39034165656500099999

What do you do if you are so incredibly awesome but your husband doesn't see it?

Mine wouldn't poop on me if I was poking out of the toilet.
Don't look into that meaning, it was a ramble.
Oh, move on already...


Let me start out by saying I am a twenty year old mom. I think that is enough for high recognition. Did I mention also that I have been trying my hardest to cook and clean and do laundry? (Yes, there were a few weekends where we were lazy and things didn't get done. I'm glad. We were having too much fun.)

Did I mention I got a job...
A JOB?
A JOB. A FULL TIME JOB.
A FULL TIME JOB?
YES!!! A FULL TIME JOB.

...because he said I was lazy...
Yes, leehh-zee.
Totally me, right.
Right.

Let me also tell you, listen it is VERY VITAL:

Have kids when you are retired.

Just do it.
I'm warning you, child care will RAPE YOU. AND YOUR DOG!
And your mom.
And her mom.
And dogs and moms should never be messed with.

I have been chugging along to work anyways, to make him happy.
I see my son 3 to 4 hours a day.
It's not like I love him or anything, so don't even worry.

I like money.
Families? Forever? Nah...
How about a new ipod that I will use for two months...get sick of and let scratch around inside my glove box. I need the latest computer so that when ten years go by and I still have it because I am still paying it off, those other richies will make fun of me and my ghetto ways.
Cute little baby hugs?
I pry them off with sticks!


Hmmmm.

I guess what bothers me, is the fact that childcare is so expensive that my pay will be the equivalent to around 4.00 an hour.
I am NOT a quitter. I'm looking for every which way I can.

And yes, Dennis says he is proud that I am on my "career path."
"Career path" more important than "baby son Kai."

What reaaallllllyyy bothers me, is that today I said, "I am working full time now, you need to be more appreciative of me." And he said, "Ya, and making a whole 4.00 an hour, good job."

No I didn't break down in tears at all.

I love doing what my husband wants and being stepped on for it.

I am realizing now it isn't me, it is him.
If he was standing on dirt he would say, "DIRT. You should get a real job. Be grass."
Then he would run into Grass and say, "Grass, you have a somewhat decent job. You should learn PHP and apply for a web designer. Then you would be cool."
"He would turn to Dirt and say, "Grass will never make it in the web design world."

Totally.
I am having a blast at my job.
I am doing everything freaking he wants.

If you are reading this, I suggest putting up an ad for the exact wife you are looking for (Match.com MUST have gotten our profiles mixed up) and I will just go along and sit in the grass and dirt with my baby boy and watch the clouds go by.

APPRECIATE ME!
Words hurt, babe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, how are you?

I want to comment, but I don't really know what to say, fearing that anything I say will be one of those sappy cliche comments that often times make a hurt heart feel worse...

But know that I love you lots, and I think you're freaking incredibly awesome :)

Kylee said...

Hey The Journey, dear...
Send me your blog on my email address?
That way the whole world will not know it.
Cuz the whole world reads my blog.
:P

alison said...

whoa, weird, sorry to freak you out, it's me, Alison. I think I was on my work email when I commented...sorry, I didn't notice!